Friday, November 11, 2005

Watergirl Studio Four Seasons of Jewelry: Something New From Something Old


Watergirl Studio Four Seasons of Jewelry: Week 5 Something New From Something Old: "The theme for this week is 'Something New from Something Old'. Soon after I started beading seriously but still in my stringing phase I bought the three lampwork beads featured in the focal of this necklace and made a bracelet. I later bought more beads form the same artist, Dana Ivory McLean, and decided to make a necklace. I wire wrapped the necklace with red fun wire and hated the result. This last summer I reworked the neckalce with sterling connectors and was much happier with the results. But still I had some issues I didn't like one of the connectors I made with a bali bead so this week I replaced it with a mini-tornado bead. I'm liking this even better but now I'm thinking maybe the flat bali beads should be replaced too, maybe with a small cuchi bead."


This is a great idea - making something new from something old. Maybe it's time to pull out those old, unloved pieces of beaded jewelry and give them new life!
Keep smiling
Felicity 8-)

No comments: