Friday, November 11, 2005

Creatif: $3 or $14?

Creatif - $3 or $14?: "I have spent the last couple hours or so working on some new things. I used some turquoise and coral in a necklace and a matching pair of earrings. I also used SoftFlex beading wire.

I used some aqua-colored glass pearls and metal spacers in another necklace. I used Beadalon beading wire.

What's the difference?

Beadalon is thinner, better for smaller holes, such as with the pearls. SoftFlex is thicker.

Beadalon is $3 at Hobby Lobby. SoftFlex is $14.

The last time I got wire, I got three of each. I'm honestly not going to use any more of the Beadalon. This spool has never held the crimp, breaks easily, and is generally not worth the money I paid for it. It's turning out to actually be more expensive in the long run.

I'll stick with the SoftFlex. And Acculon, when I can find it."


It's always great to get tips from people using various products and giving feedback.
I can't say I've seen either brand here in Australia, but hopefully this will be of value to some USA readers.
Keep smiling
Felicity 8-)

No comments: