Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Getting Ready to Bead

Hi everyone
I love this practical suggestion from LuAnn. In a busy household like mine, I don't always get the time to sit down for hours to do some beading. Most of the time I snatch 1/4 hour here or there. The problem is that by the time I get organised to start, I need to do something else! So this idea of LuAnn's is a great one for making the most of the time you have available. Thanks for sharing LuAnn!

"My problem is finding time to do the projects that I see in magazines or think up during my rare creative moments. Since I am always on a diet, I purchase the single serving "Lean Cuisine Meals" and I hate throwing the little serving trays away. I realized they are just the perfect size to store my future projects in. I pick out the beads that I want to use as well as the spacers and other findings. I choose what I'm going to string them on and place that in there with a picture of what I'm making or a sketch. These stack very nicely. Then, when I have a little time to bead--instead of dragging out all of my beads and beading supplies (which takes about 1/2 hour). I just go to my stack of projects and pick one that I can finish in the space of time that I have. This saves the time of deciding what I want to use and dragging out all of my supplies and then having to put everything away when I'm done. I usually put extra beads/spacers in just in case I don't like the way the beads look when strung. Then the next time I have all of my beads out, I just go get the leftovers in the containers and put them all away at once.

Hope this might help some of my fellow beaders.

LuAnn

No comments: