Thursday, February 16, 2006

Beads, Movies & Valentine's Day - A Bead-aholic's Blog... - ...embracing the addiction! - by buttercuphi

Beads, Movies & Valentine's Day - A Bead-aholic's Blog... - ...embracing the addiction! - by buttercuphi: "I subject everyone around me to my favorite romantic movies, that coincidently display an incredible amount of beautiful beaded jewelry. I've mentioned in other forums that I watch my DVD's of West Wing in stop-action just to study the jewelry CJ and other cast members are wearing. I guess you could say those are 'everyday' styles. My main obsession in movie watching are those 'someday' projects of ornate crystal and gemstone laden accessories in period pictures and lavish musicals. Since this addiction to beading began, I've identified just a few films that fit this criteria: Moulin Rouge, Phantom of the Opera, Finding Neverland, Somewhere in Time (my all-time favorite) and Shakespeare in Love.

I hope you'll let me know what movies I've missed for this vicarious bead fix I crave!"


So - what suggestions do you have? Personally I find myself unable to take my eyes off the beautiful blood red ruby necklace worn by Ann in Jane Austen's Persuasion (played by Amanda Root). She wears it at a candlelit dinner - stunning!
Keep smiling
Felicity 8-)

No comments: