Saturday, September 03, 2005

Beading - so many possibilities


The Network of If: Beading - so many possibilities: "One of my favorite styles of necklaces to make is a really long strand of seed beads interspersed with a contrasting, larger bead. I saw Ashley Judd in an interview once and whatever the necklace she was wearing stuck with me. I don't know the materials, or even if it was made of a string of beads. But it looked like it was a long strand wrapped twice or thrice. And so I've been making my own variations ever since. This week I've made a few, and also these 'everything' necklaces. Actually had a couple of commissions when someone saw one I was wearing. There's absolutely no pattern and I love how you can wear these with lots of things.

The two on the right, that is. All of these are glass beads and since they include any kind of bead I like, you really can wear them for an occasion or just with jeans and a teeshirt. I've worn - and seen - them worn each way. Obviously the first two are more appropriate when matched with complementary colors. But the nicely versatile quality they possess is that you can wear them long or wrapped multiple times for a shorter outcome. "

I love the amazing mix of colours.
Keep smiling
Felicity 8-)

No comments: