Tuesday, August 16, 2005

FluffyKnitterDeb: By special request, Beading Made Easy!


FluffyKnitterDeb: By special request, Beading Made Easy!: "As promised, here's the scoop on beaded knitting, crochet style. I much prefer this method because it saves me from having to string hundreds of beads onto my yarn, a pretty onerous task if ya ask me! Plus it saves wear and tear on the yarn since you don't have to slide all those beads along the length of the yarn as you do with the knitted on method. Lastly, I feel this method 'seats' the bead on the knitting better because you place the bead over BOTH legs of the stitch, unlike the knitted on method where sometimes the beads slip to the purl/private side and are difficult to see in the knitted fabric. So let's begin...."

If you are interested in learning how to add beads to your knitting, then I recommend you click on the link to read this lady's blog, it's a fabulous explanation. I've included a photo of some beaded knitting she's done as a sample.
Keep smiling
Felicity 8-)

1 comment:

Debi said...

Thanks for the compliment Felicity :)